Friday, January 12, 2007

Face the Face


Went to see Pan's Labyrinth the other night with Jeremy. He looked through my sketchbook as I ran to the bathroom before the movie started.

"What do you think?" I asked when I came back.

"Sometimes it doesn't matter whether I like what you're doing in a specific period because what you're doing is something that has to be done on the way to where you're going. You've been working on faces for a while now."

"I'm getting good at faces."

"You're getting better."

"Well . . ."

"You have that problem which is that most of the people looking at your drawings -- looking at them in the place where you do most of your drawings -- are thinking about someone else's drawings and you aren't doing that."

Well, yeah. We've all got problems . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was pans labyrinth any good?

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hopfully im seeing it on sunday i saw a fifteen minute thing on the making of it, the effects and make-up look pretty awesome

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home